Monday, March 16, 2015

Changing the world

Here's a wonderful bit of prose that I came across . It's from this book "15-minute reiki" . Very poignant and very beautiful ....

When I was young and free and my imagination had no limits
I dreamed of changing the world 
As I grew older and wiser, I discovered the world would not change 
So I shortened my sights somewhat and decided to change only my country 
But it too seemed immovable 
As I grew into my twilight years, in one last desperate attempt 
I settled for changing only family, those closest to me 
But alas, they would gave none of it 
And now as I lay on my deathbed, I suddenly realize:
If I had only changed myself first
Then, by example I would have changed my family 
From their inspiration and encouragement,
I would then have been able to better my country
And who knows, I may even have changed the world ! 

No comments: