Wednesday, May 20, 2015

All I Have to Do Is Dream .. Everly Brothers

Way back when ... this was the 90s and I used to travel to K'Villa to learn guitar from Abby Sir. He was this really old-school teacher who believed in learning those american oldies that probably only my granny would listen to!

Still he was a persistent teacher whose one motto was 'practice makes perfect' and really, that's all there is to the guitar.  Since this was one of few songs i haven't learned on the net, there is no net tutorial for this.  Instead have a listen in on the original Everly Brothers number.

Verse 1
      C       Am   Dm     G7
 When I want you in my arms
      C       Am   Dm             G7
 When I want you      and all your charms
     C       Am
 Whenever I want you
  F            G7     
 All I have to do is 
 
Chorus 
C   Am   F               G7
Dream,  dream,  dream,  dream.
 
Verse 2
      C        Am   Dm       G7
 When I feel blue    in the night
      C      Am   Dm            G7
 And I need you    to hold me tight
     C       Am
 Whenever I want you
  F            G7      
 All I have to do is 
 
Chorus
 C   Am   F               G7
 Dream,  dream,  dream,  dream.
 
 Bridge
 F                       Em
 I can make you mine   taste your lips of wine
 Dm     G7          C     C7
 Anytime  night or day.
 F               Em
 Only trouble is   gee whiz,
       D7               G7
 I'm dreaming my life away.
 
Verse 3
      C      Am  Dm              G7
 I need you so    that I could die.
     C      Am  Dm             G7
 I love you so    and that is why.
    C       Am       F            G7      
 Whenever I want you all I have to do is 

No comments: